Jharkhand is one of the most underrated places to visit in India. The state boasts of lush greenery and is a paradise for nature enthusiasts. After opening its first fossil park in Sahebganj, Jharkhand is adding Netarhat as another ecotourism spot to attract more visitors in the region.
Ecotourism in Netarhat will not only boost tourism but also create more employment opportunities for the locals. You can get a sneak peek into the lives of locals and learn more about their unique culture by opting for homestays, which will likely be a key offering at the new ecotourism spot. The authorities are reportedly working with the youth in the area and providing them with training for hospitality and catering.
The gorgeous hill station, Netarhat, is located nearly 157 km from the city of Ranchi. It is home to gushing waterfalls, thick forests and numerous hills that offer awe-inspiring views. If you are a nature enthusiast, you will definitely love this offbeat tourist destination. Jharkhand received around 3.50 crore tourists (1.75 lakh international visitors) between the years 2019-2020. With the addition of such ecotourism spots, the footfall is only expected to increase further.
Things to Do at Top Tourist Attractions in Netarhat
Netarhat has a potential to become one of Jharkhand’s top cultural and ecotourism spots. With serene surroundings, this place will offer visitors a relaxing experience. Here are some of the best things to do at the top Netarhat attractions:
- Admire the tranquil surroundings during the sunrise at Koyal Viewpoint.
- Watch the sky change into hues of pink during the sunset at Magnolia Point.
- Spend a day in leisure at Lower Ghaghri and Upper Ghaghri waterfalls.
- Visit the majestic Lodh Fall, which is Jharkhand’s highest waterfall.
- Walk through the apple and pear gardens and pick some fresh fruits.
- Explore the pine forests in Netarhat and click some aesthetic pictures.
- Enjoy the mesmerizing views from the Netarhat Dam.
- Check out the Netarhat Residential School and get a sneak peek into the student’s life.
You will not only enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Netarhat but also the views on your way to this picture-perfect destination. If you are planning for a holiday at a nature retreat, Netarhat, Jharkhand’s new eco tourism spot is where you must go!
You can book cheap international flights to Kolkata and travel to Ranchi by air, rail or road. An approximately 4h 10m scenic drive from Ranchi will take you to the tranquil Netarhat. So, why wait? Book your tickets today and get ready to be amazed by this new ecotourism spot in Jharkhand.