Washington is one of the most beautiful states in America. It’s a haven for nature enthusiasts with pristine beaches, glorious mountains, and lush forests adding beauty to its awe-inspiring landscapes. Apart from these, it boasts of numerous bustling cities such as Seattle or Tacoma that offer interesting activities and sightseeing places for the tourists. If you are planning a trip, this travel guide to Washington shall help make the most of your time here.
No matter which time of the year you visit, the charming vibes of Washington DC will leave you amazed. You can explore the surroundings with your friends and family or plan a solo adventure to this land of wonder. If you are looking for things to do in DC this weekend, tourist places in Washington or best time to visit Washington DC, this article has got you covered.
Things to Do in Washington
Be it drinking a cup of coffee, tasting freshly-made apple cider or visiting the various museums or parks; there are a lot of things to do in Washington to explore the best of this region.
- Check out the Olympic National Park.
- Admire the Whales swimming on the waters at San Juan Islands.
- Go camping at North Cascades National Park.
- Explore the Palouse Falls State Park.
- Enjoy panoramic views from the Space Needle.
- Spend some tranquil moments at Snoqualmie Falls.
- Watch the sky change into various shades of pink and orange during sunset at Lake Chelan.
- Drive through the North Cascades Scenic Highway.
You can book Indian Eagle flights via Washington Airport and visit the beautiful state of Washington on a budget.
Places to Stay in Washington
Washington is one of the most important places in USA. It attracts millions of visitors every year, be it for business trips or leisure activities. There are thousands of hotels or accommodation options all across the region. Some of the top hotels in Washington are mentioned below:
Hotels in Seattle
- Warwick Seattle
- Hyatt Regency Seattle
- Crowne Plaza Seattle
- Hotel Theodore
- CitizenM Seattle South Lake Union
Hotels in Spokane
- Centennial Hotel Spokane
- Ramada by Wyndham Spokane Airport
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Spokane Downtown
- Steam Plant Hotel
- The Madison Inn by Riversage
Hotels in Bellevue
- Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
- Hilton Garden Inn Seattle Bellevue Downtown
- Hyatt Regency Bellevue
- Hotel 116, A Coast Hotel Bellevue
- Silver Cloud Hotel – Bellevue
Hotels in Tacoma
- Hotel Murano
- Marriott Tacoma Downtown
- Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Tacoma
- Hotel Thea Tacoma, Ascend Hotel Collection
- South Cedar Escape
Hotels in Washington DC
- Lyle Washington DC
- Hotel Hive
- The River Inn
- Hotel Madera
- Washington Plaza Hotel
Places to Visit in Washington
There are many tourist attractions in Washington that you can visit to have a memorable trip. Be it museums, national parks or waterfalls, you can explore the natural and man-made tourist spots at your own preference. Here are some of the top places to visit in Washington:
- Olympic National Park
- Seattle Center and the Space Needle
- Mount Rainier National Park
- Washington Navy Yard Visitor Center
- North Cascades National Park
- San Juan Islands
- Puget Sound
- Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument
- Deception Pass State Park
- Port Angeles
- Washington Welcome Center
Food in Washington
You will find countless restaurants, roadside eateries and food trucks in Washington. The state is a delight for food lovers and offers delicacies from different cuisines. Here are some of the dishes that you can try during your trip to Washington:
- Razor Clams
- Fair Scones
- Beecher’s Mac and Cheese
- Dungeness Crab
- Oysters on the Half Shell
- Rainier Cherries
- Theo Chocolate
- Tim’s Cascade Potato Chips
- Cedar Planked Salmon
- Aplets & Cotlets Candies
- Almond Roca
Best Time to Visit Washington
You can visit Washington all throughout the year depending on what is your preference. If you do not want the excess snowfall to spoil your travel plans, you can avoid visiting the state in winter months. The best time to visit Washington is between September and November or March and May. Autumn is the best season to visit if you want to enjoy watching the leaves change colors. Summers are usually crowded as a lot of tourists visit Washington for hiking and other outdoor activities.
There’s a lot to explore in this beautiful American state. Follow this travel guide to Washington to have an amazing time when visiting this part of USA. Which of the places or food items mentioned above intrigued you the most? Comment below and let us know about your favorite.
You can book international flights utilizing Indian Eagle deals and save more on your travel expenses. So, why wait? Plan your itinerary via the Dulles Airport and have a memorable trip to Washington.