Do you have plans of traveling to Goa in 2023? Chances are that you might land at the new Mopa airport or Manohar Parrikar International Airport. It will be the second international airport serving Goa after Dabolim International Airport. The new airport is scheduled to begin operations from 5th January 2023.
The new Mopa International Airport will connect Goa, a popular tourist attraction in India with other major cities across the country such as Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur.
A Greenfield Airport
The Manohar Parrikar International Airport will become the 10th greenfield airport in India. The Aviation Ministry has given its approval for nearly 21 such airports and nine out of these are already functional. The existing greenfield airports are as follows:
- Shirdi Airport in Maharashtra
- Sindhudurg Airport in Maharashtra
- Kalaburagi Airport in Karnataka
- Kurnool Airport in Andhra Pradesh
- Kannur International Airport in Kerala
- Durgapur Airport in West Bengal
- Kushinagar International Airport in Uttar Pradesh
- Donyi Polo Airport in Arunachal Pradesh
- Pakyong Airport in Sikkim
After the Manohar Parrikar International Airport starts operations on 5th January next year, it will become India’s 10th greenfield airport. The addition of this new airport will serve both domestic and international tourists visiting Goa and make their travel hassle-free.
The aviation sector in India has seen tremendous growth over the past decade and with new airports being constructed in different parts of the country, it will definitely boost tourism.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many flights will be operational between Mopa and Chennai?
Flights between Chennai and Mopa will be operational daily. But there won’t be a flight on Wednesdays.
- How many flights will be operational between Mopa and Ahmedabad?
Flights between Mopa and Ahmedabad will be operational daily except on Sundays.
- Where is the Manohar Parrikar International Airport located?
The Manohar Parrikar International Airport is located at the Mopa village in Pernem. It is nearly 34 km away from Panaji, Goa.
- How many airports does Goa have?
Once the operations begin at the new Mopa airport on 5th January, Goa will have two airports:
(ii) Manohar Parrikar International Airport
- Will the Dabolim International Airport remain open for passenger flights?
Yes, even after the Manohar Parrikar International Airport becomes operational, the Dabolim International Airport will continue to serve the civilians as well.
|Disclaimer: Indian Eagle claims no credit for the images featured on its blog site. All the visual content is copyrighted to its respective owners only. We mention the source name of the image whenever possible and found. However, if we miss acknowledging the owner’s source, please contact us. In case, owners don’t want us to use their images, we will remove them promptly. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist, and photographer.