The Houston Airport System has always focused on connecting people, business, cultures and economies of the world with Houston. It is one of the most rapidly developing Airport System in the US and believes in putting their free-spirited ideas into action. So this airport system handles three major airports and they are George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Ellington Airport and William P. Hobby Airport.
George Bush Intercontinental Airport has been gloriously serving the passengers for the past 45 years and is now the 8th busiest airports in the US. New airlines continue to enter, enhance and expand their territories here in this airport by building many facilities for the passengers. George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) prioritizes the passenger services on top of everything else and that is what makes this airport a favorite among millions of passengers.
PASSENGER SERVICES AT GEORGE BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT FOR ECONOMIC FLIERS:
The passenger services provided at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) are impeccable and they always make sure the passengers are comfortable. Houston’s IAH Airport is very well organized with ample number of help desks that are present everywhere.
- The ‘Visitor Information Centers’ at the airport provide you with information about the local tourism and also assist you if needed. Look for them at all at Terminals A and B near the baggage claim counters. But if you are in Terminal C and D then go straight to the International Arrivals Hall to find them while Terminal E has its Visitor Info Center right after the security checkpoint. The Volunteers are available wearing red shirts and that is how you identify them.
- If you are looking for some restrooms and showers in particular, head to Terminal D and find them right near the airport lounges in that terminal.
- Apart from that, you can always go for the spas. The infamous XpresSpa has locations in Terminal D and E. You can always walk in for a massage and a hot shower or maybe a cold plunge!
- Find ATM centers and banks easily in any Terminal while the currency exchange offices are present in Terminals B, C, D and E.
- Houston’s Airport Interfaith Chapel invites you to silently sit and relax while your thoughts are all sorted and you are all refreshed. Find them at Terminal C, near Gates C29-33 and Terminal D, Gate D8.
- With all those flight cancellations and delayed arrivals and departures, it becomes tough for people to keep up with the schedules. That is why these resting cots are set up. These are not meant for the passengers who stay overnight. These are meant for all the passengers who are stuck with issues related to their flights. Find them in almost every terminal at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
- Free Wifi, ample number of mobile charge-points, seating area, vending machines and water bottle filling stations can be seen all around you no matter where you are in the airport.
PASSENGER SERVICES AT GEORGE BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT FOR BUSINESS CLASS FLIERS:
Business class fliers own special privileges at George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) with those extravagant lounges set up mostly by the United Airlines in almost every terminal.
- There are many executive conference and meeting halls for business class and also for the first class passengers. The Houston Airport Marriott at George Bush Intercontinental Airport is present with nearly 40 conference rooms well equipped with all the facilities and a perfect ‘office ambiance’. Some of the major business class conferences are also held inside the IAH airport.
- Find United Airlines in all the Terminals while Terminal D is served British Airways, KLM Crown lounges and American Express Centurion Lounge in Terminal D. There are apps like Trippit which help passengers in booking these lounges or checking the facilities available with some bonus points in return.
- There are also optional ‘pick-up and drop’ services available at George Bush International Airport (IAH) assigned particularly for the business class and first class passengers. You can always opt them or reject them optionally while booking your flight tickets. Online travel agencies like Indian Eagle provide you with information on such facilities. Just make sure to check with the airlines that offer these services.
SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR CHILDREN AT IAH AIRPORT:
There are nursing rooms and entertainment rooms for kids at Terminal B near Gates B84-91 and at Terminal D, near Gates D7-8. The play zones for kids are well stocked with soft toys, items that can help them learn new things and also block-building games that are very much entertaining for them. Kids often forget their tiredness and their tantrums stop automatically when they find something amusing. That is what these nannies and experts do here. They let their parents take rest while entertaining and safeguarding these kids at the same time. The Nursery rooms are very well equipped and have nurses and emergency caretakers assigned for the immediate medical help if ever needed. They make sure the mother and child have a comfortable stay as long as they are here.
FOOD AND SHOPPING AT GEORGE BUSH INTERCONTINENTAL AIRPORT (IAH):
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) witnesses a horde of people looking for breakfast, brunch, lunch, some more lunch, snacks, dinner, more snacks, coffee and what not! This Airport is well loaded with more than a dozen airports in almost every terminal. There was some major revamp done and now we see Houston’s best restaurants opening their outlets inside IAH Airport. Award winning chefs like Chris Shepherd and Hugo Ortega, who won the James Beard Award winners have also opened up their outlets inside the airport. You can find Houston’s recent airports in the Terminal C North. So no matter where you are inside the airport, you will find plenty of food to eat which comprise of all the cuisines including Indian, Chinese, Korean and many more to count. Mockingbird Distillery & Smokehouse, Hugo’s Cocina, Ray’s BBQ Shack, Le Grand Comptoir and Nature’s Kitchen Fresh Café are some of the places that you should definitely try at George Bush Airport (IAH).
Being Houston’s biggest airport, IAH has got a wide range of shopping centers that include designer stores, customized centers, local shops, souvenir collections, branded boutiques, sassy stores like the Stelzig Ranch, some western-themed shops, Space Trader and a NASA-inspired shop. The list is endless and if you have to shop, divide your time equally so that you can cover the entire shopping zone easily because this magnanimous chain of shopping centers will surely surprise you. To top it, George Bush International Airport (IAH) holds partnership with Houston’s Civic Art Program and that is why you also get to see a lot of occasional art exhibits happening in the Terminals. The best ones are always the NASA-themed because Houston is the home to NASA’s Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center. Do not miss out on the chance of exploring this magnificent airport before heading out to explore the city. Make this airport your destination when you book your flight tickets to USA. Bon Voyage!