There has been an upward spiral in the number of people traveling from the USA to India, over the last few years. With the increasing number of tourists increased the demand for flights from the USA to India. Many popular airlines operate non-stop, direct, and connecting flights to India from the United States of America. If you are surfing the Internet for information on direct flights to India from the USA, we have got you covered. Here is the list of top two airlines that offer direct flights to India from the USA.
Why book a direct flight to India from the USA:
A convenient journey along the short route is the main reason why travelers prefer to book direct flights to their destinations. This also implies that you can reduce the travel time from the USA to India, as opposed to the long flight duration in case of connecting flights. At the same time, do not get confused with direct flights and non-stop flights. While non-stop flights directly land at the destination after they take off, direct flights may have one or two intermediate stops before the endpoint. By choosing to board a direct flight, you can avoid the long layovers and the hassle of changing planes, which is common with connecting flights. And the good news is that direct flights are cheaper than the non-stop flights!
The USA to India route information:
Distance between the two countries: 8,450 miles.
Average travel time: 17-18 hours
Popular airlines that offer direct flights from the USA to India:
- Air India:
Air India, the national carrier operated by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, is the most preferred airline when it comes to the air journey from the USA to India. The services of this flagship airline of the country reflect the hospitality of India. Air India also offers non-stop flights from the USA to India.
Air India operates direct flights between the following destinations:
- Chicago (ORD) ? New Delhi (DEL)
- Newark (EWR) ? Mumbai (BOM); Newark (EWR) ? New Delhi (DEL)
- New York (JFK) ? New Delhi (DEL); New York (JFK) ?Mumbai (BOM)
- San Francisco (SFO) ? New Delhi (DEL); San Francisco (SFO) ? Bangalore (BLR)
- Washington (IAD) ? New Delhi (DEL)
- Direct flights are available in Economy-class, Business-class, and First-class.
- Two pieces of checked-in baggage are allowed
- Indian meals
- Temperature control
- 180-degree reclining seats in the First Class
- In-flight entertainment includes movies, news, games, etc.
- United Airlines:
Headquartered at Willis Tower in Chicago, United Airlines is the third-largest airline in the world and covers an extensive domestic and international route network. This major American air carrier has a total of eight hubs in America. The services provided by the airlines are worth the costlier airfare. Although vegan passengers might face difficulties with the limited varieties of meals served, the other services do not disappoint.
United Airlines operates direct flights between the following destinations:
- Newark (EWR) ? Mumbai (BOM)
- Newark (EWR) ? New Delhi (DEL)
- The direct flights from Newark to Mumbai/ Delhi are operated on a daily basis.
- The airline provides Economy-class, Business-class, and First-class seats.
- Passengers are entitled to one free piece of baggage of 23 kgs. An amount of $100 is charged per additional baggage.
- Economy-class passengers will have to pay $60 for the first checked-in baggage and $100 for the second baggage.
- Good in-flight entertainment
- A change in the itinerary is allowed for free within 24 hours of booking.
The other airlines that offer direct flights from the USA to India are Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, and Delta airlines. We know ?booking? is the next step once you are decided. For a satisfactory air ticket booking experience, book with Indian Eagle!