Latest International News: The US Embassy in India announced yesterday that it will resume regular in-person tourist visa appointments in the country from September 2022. The US Embassy made this announcement through its official Twitter account. It was also stated in the tweet that the previously scheduled placeholders have been canceled.
“Applicants whose placeholder appointments were canceled may now re-enter the scheduling system to book regular appointments. Appointments have been opened through 2023,” read another tweet from the US Embassy.
A large number of Indians book flights to USA every year; be it for educational, business, or tourism purposes. As per recent statistics, Indians make for the fifth-largest international visitors to the US, moving five spots ahead from the previous 10th place in 2019 (before the COVID-19 pandemic).
Eligible applicants who have already received a notification that they need to schedule an appointment can go ahead and book the slot for the US tourist visa interviews in India.
How to Schedule your Appointment for US Tourist Visa Interviews in India?
- Visit www.ustraveldocs.com or click this link to book your visa appointment. Follow the instructions displayed on the page to log in.
- After you log in, select the ‘Schedule Appointment’ option.
- You will have to schedule two appointments – one for the Visa Application Center (VAC) and another for the visa interview at the Embassy or the Consulate. Biometric information such as your fingerprints and digital photographs will be collected at the Visa Application Center. Ideally, the VAC appointment time must be at least one day before your consular appointment.
- Now, book the appointment for the US tourist visa interview by filling in details such as personal information, visa type etc. You can also select the delivery location for receiving your visa.
What documents do you need for scheduling an appointment for the US tourist visa interview?
For the VAC appointment, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport
- Proof of DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form) confirmation
- Proof of Appointment confirmation
For scheduling a nonimmigrant visa appointment, you will need the following documents:
- A valid passport
- DS-160 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center
- Visa application fee payment receipt
You may also need additional supporting documents depending on your visa type.
Are you one of those travelers waiting for the US tourist visa interviews to restart in India? The good news is out, so hurry up and schedule your appointment soon!