Home India Vande Bharat Mission: Nine more flights to fly from Sharjah to South...

Vande Bharat Mission: Nine more flights to fly from Sharjah to South India

112
0
Flights connceting to various south indian cities

In an endeavor to repatriate Indian citizens amid severe restrictions on international travel, the Government of India has initiated the Vande Bharat Mission and started operating flights from 7 May 2020. Many Indians trapped in different countries due to lockdown have been brought home with many more yet to arrive. The mission in its different phases has brought back more than 1.5 lakh Indians so far, said the Ministry of External Affairs. Now, the mission has entered its fourth phase and aims to operate 170 flights to and from 17 countries from July 3 to 15.

The fourth phase of Vande Bharat Mission includes 9 flights from Sharjah in UAE to different parts of South India. Air India Express, a subsidiary of Air India, will operate these flights from Sharjah, according to the Indian Consulate in Dubai.

“All Indian nationals are advised to take note of direct sale of Air India Express flights from Sharjah. The following flights will be opened for sale effective at 4 pm UAE Time on July 3. Make sure to book your tickets once the sale is live,” the mission announced on Twitter.

The Indian Consulate emphasized the significance of mentioning correct passport number and contact number, failing which tickets can be canceled or boarding pass may be denied. 75% of the tickets are open for sale and the remaining 25% is reserved for emergency cases handled by the missions. Flights from Sharjah are destined to the states of Hyderabad, Madurai, Coimbatore, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirappalli, and Kochi in between the dates of 9th July and 14th July.

“Indian nationals registered with the Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi, or the Consulate-General of India in Dubai, fulfilling the required entry conditions can book through Air India Express booking offices or online on www.airindiaexpress.in or through authorized travel agents in the UAE,” the statement posted on Twitter said.

The departing schedule (IST) of Air India Express flights is as follows:

July 9:  Sharjah – Coimbatore at 10:30 am

Sharjah – Madurai at 02:00 pm

July 10: Sharjah – Tiruchirapalli at 02:00 pm

Sharjah – Thiruvananthapuram at 08:00 pm

July 11: Sharjah – Kochi at 08:00 am

Sharjah – Hyderabad at 02:00 am

July 12: Sharjah – Coimbatore at 02:00 pm

July 13: Sharjah – Hyderabad

July 14: Sharjah – Thiruvananthapuram at 02:00 pm

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here